26th of June 2019 (Wednesday) – Wieliczka Salt Mine GALA DINNER
meeting place: 4.30 p.m. in front of the venue
5.30 p.m. salt mine tour starts
7.00 p.m. Gala Dinner
10.00 p.m. transfer back to Kraków
Situated just outside of Krakow, the Dinner will take place in one of the most precious treasures of material and spiritual culture in Poland – the Wieliczka Salt Mine. Each year it is visited by more than one million tourists from all over the world. It is also a world class monument, featuring among twelve objects on the UNESCO’s World Cultural and Natural Heritage List.
The historic Salt Mine in Wieliczka is the only mining site in the world functioning continuously since the Middle Ages. Its original excavations are located on nine levels and extend for the total of about 300 kilometers: reaching the depth of 327 meters they illustrate all the stages of mining technology development over time.
Today, the Wieliczka Salt Mine combines many centuries of tradition and modernity, the history of several hundred years and an underground metropolis with extensive infrastructure. The mine is a product of work of tens of generations of miners, a monument to the history of Poland and to the Polish nation – a brand, present in Polish consciousness for centuries.
- Visitors enter the mine then descend to a level of 64 metres underground and return (after dinner) to the surface in a lift from a level of 135 metres underground.
- The temperature in the mine during a visit, though constant, is a low 16-18 oC and in the chamber where the dinner will be served is 18-20oC
- It’s strongly recommended to choose good footwear and to bring a jacket. The cloak room is available at guests’ disposal during dinner.
- Smoking is not allowed in the venue.
- This dinner event is not advisable for persons suffering from claustrophobia.
- Accessibility – The most marvelous section of the tour is adapted for persons using standard wheelchairs measuring 59 centimeters in width who enter the mine in an elevator. Any participants in wheelchairs or with mobility problems should contact us directly.